That baby was awesome to quickly take a screenshots and paste them in gmail, or whatever tool you needed.
When I was in Linux, I found shutter but, as everything in Linux, it was not pretty and not so easy to use.
After I arrived in MacOS, that is the first thing I looked for and, luckily, it was integrated into the operating system.
These is how you do it:
- Save screenshot of entire screen as file in the desktop: Shift + Cmd + 3
- Copy screenshot of entire screen to clipboard: Shift + Cmd + 3 + Ctrl
- Save screenshot of window as file in the desktop: Shift + Cmd + 4 and then Space
- Copy screenshot of window to clipboard: Shift + Cmd + 4 + Ctrl and then Space
- Save screenshot of arbitrary area as file in the desktop*: Shift + Cmd + 4
- Copy screenshot of arbitrary area to clipboard*: Shift + Cmd + 4 + Ctrl
*: This is the snipping tool behavior that is not present in Linux
As you probably also noted, the difference between saving as a file and copying to the clipboard in each case, is Ctrl